My name is Liz Groucutt. I am a 40 year old teacher who lives in the West Midlands, England, UK.
I’ve been in UK classrooms since 2005 and qualified as a teacher, aged 27, in 2008. I have taught French, Spanish, German, a smattering of music and RE, plus more recently English, English literature and film studies. I love teaching, yet I can’t say it is easy because it’s often challenging. I still have lots of ambition to be a future leader and hope that it is not too late to achieve that ambition.
I have started a blog for several reasons:
– I’ve wanted to start a blog for a while.
– I wanted to make sense of my feelings during the COVID-19 pandemic and when I saw an opportunity to join the #DailyWritingChallenge, begun by @Ethical_Leader, I thought it would be a good opportunity to start and channel some energy.
– I want to have a record of my reading, both of fiction, non-fiction and CPD literature, in one place.
– I wanted to blog about my teaching practice.
– I wanted to blog about being a parent and teacher.
– I wanted to blog about life as a teacher after confirmation I have ADHD and possibly ASD in 2019.
– I wanted to connect with like-minded people.
If I’m successful with one of these aims above, I’ll be really happy. I just have to work out how to use WordPress first!